Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A yoga lesson

Tonight I was reminded of a pattern I had as a child.  If I couldn't do something just right or what I thought was just right the first time, most times I wouldn't or didn't want to do it again.  My mom tells a story of me in elementary school in which I begged and begged for a jump rope.  I practiced at home however I refused to take it to school.  When she asked me why I wouldn't take it to school after I asked for it over and over, my response was something like, "I'm not going to take it to school until I know I can do it".  

My mom also used to say that I would accomplish whatever I wanted because I was always so driven.  She reminded me recently that I could be so much more than I am now had I made different choices and that I will get there because that drive has not gone away.  Thanks mom for always believing in me and reminding me of the power I have within me. 

I attended my second yoga class tonight and it seemed so much more difficult then the last one.  That inner child voice showed up and kept telling me, "This is too hard, you don't want to do this, I think this will be the last time you need to come".   NO GO little one, my body wants this, my body needs this and I will press forward no matter how difficult it seems and how silly I look.  This is how we used to do things and now it's time to do it better.


This life is one of progress, growth and learning and when we pay attention all the answers we need to help us overcome our weaknesses will show up in some of the most interesting  ways and we will have more peace in the journey.


Namasté

 

No comments:

Post a Comment