I was cleaning out a corner this morning and ran across an email I printed in 2008. Yeah, okay so I can be a bit of a pack rat. Hey I cleaned out a corner though!
Anyway, its titled "A Lesson in Happiness" and includes the following quotes by Zig Zigler, someone I had never heard of until a few years ago. Boy had I been missing out!
"I'm so optimistic I'd go after Moby Dick in a row boat and take the tartar sauce with me."
"Most of us would be upset if we were accused of being "silly", but the word "silly" comes from the Old English word "selig", and it's literal definition is "to be blessed, happy, healthy and prosperous."
"The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want now."
"Be helpful. When you see a person without a smile, give him yours."
So Zig, I'm not quite there with the Moby Dick analogy, maybe it has something to do with a fear of water.
I'm good with being called "silly", sounds like an awesome state of being. I will intend to attract as many "silly" people into my life as I can.
Instant gratification; definitely a stumbling block I am attempting to remedy.
And the smile. Well I've got that one down so well that when I recently told my daughter that I would prefer to not have such deep creases on the sides of my mouth her response was, "Stop smiling so much." Nah, that's not gonna happen anytime soon. It's just my nature to give everyone a smile and on those days when I do feel "out of sorts" with myself, I'm so grateful for the reserve I've built up and that The Universe allows me to be on the receiving end and brings peace back in my journey.
Namasté
No comments:
Post a Comment