Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Just say no.

It has been said that when you help enough people get what they want you will have everything you want and need.  By nature I find it quite easy to achieve success for myself.  I am also pretty good at helping others do the same. I learned very well in 2011 that no matter what I did with my talents and gifts I could not  help someone be successful without them wanting to make the changes necessary to get what they want.  The success would manifest and yet the effort to achieve it and hold it as their own just wasn't there.  I knew that my time and talents were being wasted and I had to walk away.  So I ask myself, "Why did I spend the last 6 days procrastinating a call to this same person to say no to a proposal I was given when I knew that I would say no as soon as it was given?  

I will spend some time pondering why I find it difficult to say no to the people I know I cannot spend time with and give my energy to.  Why do I fear what they may think or possibly say about me?  Good question.

I'm grateful for the peace I felt when I made the call and can now move forward onto more challenging events like the very important and yet greatly dreaded t-shirt quotes waiting to be made.  

Namsté

No comments:

Post a Comment